Chocolate Truffles Recipe – It’s that time of the year. Well, almost!😅 At least according to the Christmas aisles at supermarkets and the jingle bells on Instagram💁🏻♀️. And, if you are already confused about the fancy Christmas gift ideas (or worried about the cost of living crisis😅), worry not. Try these 10 chocolate truffles recipes and gift your loved ones chocolatey, creamy, cozy Christmas.
Ingredients – Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- Dark Chocolate – 150g
- Double Cream – 150ml
- Unsalted Butter – 25g
- Desiccated coconut – 2 tsp
- Chopped pistachio – 2 tsp
- Biscoff biscuit powdered- 2 tsp
- Chopped hazelnuts – 2 tsp
- Matcha powder – 1tsp
- Cocoa powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Coffee powder – 1 tsp
- Red velvet cake crumbs – 3 tsp
- Raspberry powder – 1 tsp
- Chop the dark chocolate into smaller pieces.
- Melt the chocolate and unsalted butter together into gooey goodness and bring it to room temperature.
- Whisk the double cream into the gooey goodness at room temperature.
- Pour the truffle mix into a container and leave it in the fridge for 45 mins, or until the mix is firm to roll.
- Once set, scoop small portions of the mix and roll it into chocolate balls using your hand.
- Finish it up with your favorite toppings and plate it to serve!
There are innumerable ways to decorate or flavor your chocolate truffles. Here are easy and convenient 10 ways to top your chocolate truffles.
#1 Traditional Chocolate Truffles
Roll your chocolate truffle balls in cocoa powder to create the traditional Chocolate truffles. To make it French, don’t forget to add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to your truffle mix before you roll it into balls.
#2 Desiccated Coconut Bombs
Sprinkle desiccated coconut onto the truffle balls or roll them in to create a coconutty coat.
#3 Pistachio Truffles
Add chopped pistachios to the truffle mix and roll into balls for crunchy pistaffles. To make it fancy, dip the ruffle ball into chocolate ganache and sprinkle chopped pistachios on top once cooled.
#4 Biscoff Truffles
Powder the biscoff biscuits and roll the truffle balls to form a biscoff coating
#5 Hazelnut Surprises
Now, this can be tedious. First, take a hazelnut and hide it in the truffle ball (by keeping the hazelnut inside rolling the truffle mix). Then dip it into chocolate ganache (at room temperature). And, voila! Your hazelnut surprise is ready
#6 Matcha Truffles
Sprinkle the matcha powder using a sieve on top of the truffle balls for the Christmas greenery.
#7 Cinnamon Truffles
Yes, the spices. This truffle is easy and spicy to make. Add 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder to the truffle mix and roll into balls. Coat the balls with cocoa powder for perfection.
#8 Coffee Truffles
The perfect morning coffee in December. Mix 1/4 tsp of coffee powder with 1/2 tsp cocoa powder and 1/4 tsp icing sugar. Coat the truffle balls with this powdered mixture and your coffee is ready.
#9 Red Velvet Truffles
Add crumbled red velvet cake into the truffle mix and get rolling. Coat with white chocolate for a colorful look.
#10 Raspberry Truffles
Coat the truffle balls in dried raspberry pieces for crunch. You can also use raspberry powder for a smoother chocolatey truffle.
Get the Products
Wondering where to get the ingredients listed in these recipes? We got you covered on that too. To make your life easier, here are the direct amazon links to the ingredients.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- The temperature is key to making this dessert perfect. Always make sure the mixture is cold and firm so that it stays in shape.
- Chocolate for the truffle mix can be any type depending on your preferences.
- Apply flavorless oil on your hands before rolling, to prevent the chocolate from sticking to your hands.
- Use colorful mini cupcake wrappers to make it fancy, coz why not!
Comment your feedback and suggestions for chocolate truffle recipes or ideas to us. Also do not forget to share with us your picture when you try our recipes.
Subscribe to Just A Library for more mouth-watering recipes!!
Stay tuned!! Stay updated!!