Quick and Easy Pizza Toast recipe at Home
I have a fresh memory of my childhood when eating pizza was considered to be a reward for some great act like securing A+ grade in Mathematics, winning a running race, etc. I also remember the “sigh” in my parent’s faces when they tasted it for the first time ever.
Time flies. Today, we get pizza at our doorstep with a single click at any time we wish. The lock-down has kindled the cooking interest in me. I challenged myself to cook all my favorite dishes at home with no fancy ingredients.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? WHY NOT SUBSCRIBE?
But with work, and the household chores, who has the time and patience to start with the pizza base and make the sauce and everything else, right? I wanted to have a quick fix to my pizza cravings and came across the Pizza Toast Recipe. Unfortunately, all the recipes I saw insisted on making the pizza sauce which was again time-consuming!!
One lazy afternoon I was reminiscing about all the yummy pizza I had happily eaten, the flavor of oregano, the chilly flakes, and BAAAAMMM!! I came up with this very easy & quick Pizza toast recipe (With all the experience I gained in cooking during this lock-down) which became a big hit in my family !! Since it’s very easy and doesn’t take more than 15 minutes this has become my go-to snack in this lock-down.
- Bread – Any type
- Cheese – I have used mozzarella cheese but any type can be used (Click here to buy)
- Tomato sauce
- Red chilly sauce or red chilly paste
- Onions – sliced cube-shaped
- Capsicum – Sliced cube-shaped
- Sliced olives (Optional)
- Chilly flakes
- Oregano (optional)
- In a bowl, mix tomato sauce and chilly paste/sauce in 2:1 ratio respectively.
- Spread the mixture in the bread
- Top it with the sliced vegetables and sprinkle a very little salt over it. You can also avoid the salt.
- Grate the cheese over the vegetables
- Place it on a Tawa (Pan) and close the Tawa. Cook it in full simmer for 4-5 mins until the cheese melts
- Garnish the Pizza Toast with Chilly flakes and oregano !!
That’s really quick and easy right ?! Our delicious pizza toast recipe is ready to fix our pizza cravings!!
- To make chilly flakes at home: dry roast the red chilly in a pan and coarse grind it in a mixer.
- You can use any type of cheese. If you are using cheese slices cut it into strips and cover the vegetables with it.
- You can add any toppings of your choice. Eg: Sweet corn kernels, olives, mushroom, paneer, etc
- The top and bottom bread of the loaf is best for this recipe!
Please let us know your suggestions & feedback in the comments section. We would love to see the pictures of your “Pizza Toast“!! For easier, fail-proof recipes stay tuned to Just a Library