Sweet & Spicy Aloo Curry Recipe – Here is the recipe of sweet & spicy, no onion, no garlic, one pot aloo curry on popular demand!! This is a very quick and easy recipe and goes well with poori, roti, or any type of Indian Bread variety!
Since I haven’t planned on posting this as a recipe, I do not have pictures for step by step procedure. I will upload them ASAP, let’s enjoy and share the recipe now😉.
Sweet & Spicy Aloo Curry Recipe
ALSO READ – Vazhakai varuval / Plantain Fry
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – I tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Potato – 4-5 medium sized
- Tomatoes – 4-5 medium sized tomatoes pureed
- Crushed ginger – 1/2 teaspoon
- Besan flour – 2 tablespoon
- Green chilly – 2-3 medium sized
- Chilly powder – 2 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 2 tablespoon
- Garam masala – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Amchur powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Jaggery – 2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon
- Oil – as required
- Salt – as required
- Water – as required
ALSO READ – Senai Kizhangu Chops (Elephant Yam Chops)
- Heat a cooker with oil and add mustard seeds
- Once the mustard starts to crackle, add the besan flour and roast it without burning it
- Now add crushed ginger, curry leaves, cumin seeds, hing, green chilly and cook for a minute approx,.
- Add the tomato puree, salt, turmeric power and let the tomato cook for 3-4 minutes
- While the tomato puree is boiling add chilly powder, coriander powder, amchur powder and cook for 2-3 mins.,
- Add the diced potatoes now and also add water to adjust the consistency
- Taste check the salt and spices and add jaggery
- Cook the curry for 2 whistles until the potatoes are boiled
- Switch off the stove release the pressure and open the lid
- Switch on the stove and mash few potatoes and add garam masala & coriander leaves. Cook for 2-3 mins,.
- Sweet and spicy, no onion, no garlic, one pot aloo curry is ready!!!!
ALSO READ – Yummy Bread Halwa
- You can adjust the quantity of jaggery according to the sweetness you prefer
- This recipe would serve 3-4 people
- Mashing few potatoes enhances the texture and taste of the curry
Let us know your feedback & reviews in the comments section below. Also do not forget to share us your picture when you try our recipes.
For more recipes from Just A Library – CLICK HERE.