Chennai Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- MAKES: 5 -6 People
- PREP. TIME : 10 Minutes
- TOTAL TIME : 40 – 45 Minutes
- 1 Kg of Chicken
- 1 – 1.5 tbsp. of Salt
- 1 tbsp. of Turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp. of Mustard Seeds
- 1.5 tbsp. of Red Chilli Powder
- 5 – 6 Green Chilli
- 1 Cup or 3-4 Onions Sliced
- 4 – 5 Leaves of Curry Leaves
- 25 grams of Coriander Leaves
- 7 – 8 tbsp. of Mustard Oil/Groundnut Oil
- 3 – 4 Pieces of Cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Small Stick of Cinnamon
- 3 – 4 Pieces of Cloves
- 2 tbsp. of Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1.5 – 2 Small Cups of Water
Chicken Curry Recipe Preparation
Add the below ingredients in a bowl :
- 1 Kg of Chicken, 1 – 1.5 tbsp. of Salt, 1 tbsp. of Turmeric, 1.5 tbsp. of Red Chilli Powder, 5 – 6 Green Chilli, 1/2 Cup of Onions Sliced and 1.5 tbsp. of Mustard Oil/Groundnut Oil. Mix it well and marinate it for 15 – 20 Mins.
- Once it’s marinated very well, Add 4 – 5 tbsp. of Mustard Oil/Groundnut Oil in a pan.
- Once it gets moderately heated, add 4 – 5 pieces of Cloves, 4 – 5 pieces of Cardamom, 2 Small Stick of Cinnamon, 1/2 tbsp. of Mustard seeds and some Curry Leaves.
- Once the Mustard Seeds pops up, add 1/2 Cup of Sliced Onions and mix well.
- Once it gets caramelised, add 2 tbsp. of Ginger Garlic Paste and mix well until the garlic smell goes off.
- Once it’s done, add the marinated chicken to the pan, mix well and cook it for 10 mins in low heat.
- Now add 2 cups of water and close the lid and cook it for 10 – 15 mins in medium to low heat.
- Add the optional ( Boiled Potatoes, Boiled Eggs, Carrots etc.. ) based on your need and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook it for 15 – 20 more mins.
- A nice garnish with chopped Coriander leaves would do the final magic for your dish.
THAT’S IT ! ! !
Delicious Simple Chennai Style Chicken Curry is Ready to Serve. Do try this recipe at home and let us know your comments below.
Follow Just A Library for more interesting multi-domain contents