KFC Fried Chicken – Can’t resist the KFC cravings during this lockdown? Bored with the same old menu at home? Are you in a mood to try something different, delicious and restaurant-style? Well, you in luck today !! Here’s the ultimate recipe for the perfect crispy, juicy, and finger-licking good home-made kfc style fried chicken recipe. The perfect way to end those cravings and quarantine boredom.
Before we begin, make sure to subscribe to receive an email notification on our latest recipes. Now, let’s get started.
Ingredients to make KFC fried Chicken
- Chicken (preferably boneless) – 300g
- Oil – 500ml
- Curd – 2 cups
- Eggs – 2 nos.
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 3 tbsp.
- Cornflour – 2 tbsp.
- Fennel Seeds/Powder – 1 tbsp.
- Ginger powder – 2 tbsp.
- Onion powder – 2 tbsp. (optional)
- Garlic powder – 2 tbsp.
- Salt – as required
- Maida/All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Garam masala – 2 tbsp
There are three stages of preparation, starting with the marination followed by dipping in flour mix and frying. Now that we have all the necessary items, let’s start the preparation for the crispy fried chicken.
- Take the 2 cups of curd in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs separately and then mix it well with the curd in the bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of Kashmiri chilly powder, 2 tbsp each of ginger and garlic powder, 1 tbsp. of fennel seeds/powder, and onion powder as well as salt (as required) into the marination mix.
- Cut the chicken into thin slices and dip in the marination mix. Make sure to mix all the ingredients well.
- Leave the marinated chicken in the fridge for 1-2hrs.
Flour mix & Frying
- Mix 2 cups of maida, 2 tbsp. of corn flour, 1 tbsp. of Kashmiri chilly powder, and 2 tbsp of garam masala in a flat plate.
- Leave the marinated chicken outside the fridge for ~15 mins.
- Meanwhile, add 400ml of oil in a Kadaai/Deep fry pan and heat it to ~170-175°C.
- Now, take a slice of chicken and gently hammer it so that the chicken can absorb the flour mix and cook well.
- Coat the marinated chicken with the flour mix followed by the marination mix. Repeat this step thrice until it’s perfectly coated and tap the excess flour from the chicken.
- Once the oil is hot enough, put the coated chicken pieces into the oil and fry it for 10-12mins until the chicken turns golden brown.
- Once fried, remove the chicken from oil and drain the excess oil using a tissue.
- Well, that’s it. Perfectly delicious KFC style chicken fry recipe is READY !!
Enjoy the crispy fried chicken with mayo or ketchup or chilli sauce, as per your choice. Sounds simple, right? Well, what are you waiting for then? Try this kfc style fried chicken recipe at home and make sure to comment on your feedback/suggestions.
This kfc style fried chicken recipe was inspired from Yummyyy y. Attached the link of the video for your reference.
Stay tuned for more yummy recipes.