Veg Biriyani Series – Mushroom Biryani Recipe
Greetings to all the Biryani lovers from the Just A library Family!!
We are staunch believers of the saying “If someone says true love doesn’t exist, feed them some Biriyani”. Biriyani is an emotion that unites every soul together!! It’s more than just food, it makes our mouth water even as we imagine it!
In a world where we are raising our voices against discrimination, maybe we should stop discriminating against the Veg Biriyani as well!! After all, It comes from the same family and deserves to be loved equally !!!
Here we are, up with our “Veg Biryani Series” to shower some extra love to Veg Biryani. Travel along with us to experience some delicious Veg Biryani recipes. I’m very sure once you try these recipes you will be surprised by the flavor and taste which Veg Biryani brings in!
Mushroom Biryani is one of the quickest Biryani to make and tastes much alike any Non-Veg Biryani.
This Mushroom biryani recipe is the best pick and easy cook for all the bachelors who don’t have much time to put in a lot of effort into cooking yet loves enjoying an awesome meal.
Ingredients – Mushroom Biryani Recipe
- Basmati/Biryani Rice – 1 cup (150 ml cup)
- Onions – 1 medium size
- Tomato – 2 Medium-sized
- Mushroom – 150 gms
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 Teaspoon
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1 Teaspoon
- Star Anise – 1
- cloves – 3
- Cardamom – 2
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 small stick
- Biryani Masala – 2 Tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Chilly powder – 2 Teaspoon
- Ghee/Oil – 3 to 4 Tablespoon ( For vegans – Avocado oil )
- Curd – 3 Tablespoon ( can skip if you are a vegan )
- Mint leaves – 3 Tablespoon
- Coriander leaves – 3 Tablespoon
- Water/Coconut Milk – 1.5 Cup
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Wash and soak the Basmati/Jasmine rice for 15 minutes
- Chop the Onions, Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- Heat the pressure cooker and add 3-4 tablespoon of Oil/Ghee/Avocado Oil
- Add Cumin seeds, Bay leaf, Cinnamon stick, Cardamom, Cloves and star anise
- Now add the finely chopped onions and saute.
- Once the onions turn glossy, add the ginger-garlic paste and saute until the raw smells disappears
- Now add the Tomatoes, Salt and Turmeric powder
- Cook until the tomatoes are mushy.
- Now add Biryani Masala, Garam Masala, chilly powder and cook for a minute approx. Sprinkle some water if dry.
- Add chopped coriander and mint leaves and cook for 30 seconds approx and add the curd.
- Now add the chopped mushrooms and cook for a minute approx.
- Next, add the soaked Basmati / Biryani rice and add water/coconut milk
- Give it a mix and taste the water. Adjust the salt if required.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for one whistle.
- Voila! Yummy mushroom Biryani is ready!! Garnish with some chopped coriander leaves. Click as many pictures as you want and enjoy the Biryani with the side of its best friend, A.K.A. Onion Raitha.
- Adding an extra teaspoon of Ghee/oil helps the rice cook without sticking to each other
- Use good quality spices ( Bay leaf, Cinnamon stick, Cardamom, Cloves, Anise) for the perfect Biryani flavor.
- Substituting water with coconut milk enhances the taste
Please try the recipe and let us know your feedback and queries in the comments section!
Share us your Biryani Pictures to get featured in our social media handles!! Also, don’t forget to take a look at our other recipes – CLICK HERE.
Happy Eating !!!!